Copyright & the Public Domain
Tired of feeling uncertain about copyright? Do you want a “green light” on using creative works in your scholarly works, instructional materials, and web pages?
The public domain is here for you and the rest of humanity! Did you know you can legally reuse, modify, and recreate content in the public domain without violating any copyright laws? It is a valuable resource for scholars, artists, writers, and other creators.
You’re invited to learn about the public domain in the final workshop in the 2017 Fall Interactive Copyright Workshop Series that will help you understand:
- How the public domain extends the number of diverse and creative resources available to everyone, worldwide
- Where to find public domain materials
- How to determine if/when specific materials will pass into the public domain
- How to dedicate your own creative works to the public domain
- Thursday, November 16, 2017
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Hale Library, Room 407
- Manhattan Campus